Category Archives: odd stuff
A few days ago, after my morning tea, I discovered that my blog had been nominated for a Liebster Award! WOW! I jumped up and down and did a Happy Dance. But then I asked myself… What is a Liebster Award? After a little Google search I found that it’s a fun way to get people excited about your stuff and, at the same time, pay it forward. So THANKS to the fair and talented Lily of odetocreation.wordpress.com. She thought my stuff was worthy of a shout out!
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominee.
- You must pick 11 nominees with under 200 (or 2000 if you want to go with that) followers to answer your questions.
- You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
- You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated.
My answers to Lily’s questions:
- Favorite movie: Little Miss Sunshine
- Song that makes me feel alive: The Logical Song by Supertramp
- If I could live anywhere, where would it be: Bath, Maine
- Favorite food: Greek salad or chocolate cake
- Favorite word: serendipity
- Favorite hobby: collecting Fire King
- If I could change my name: I like my name.
- Favorite snack: buffalo chicken wings with blue cheese
- Favorite class in college: Editing. I know. I’m weird.
- Favorite poem: The Red Wheelbarrow, by William Carlos Williams
- Favorite season: SPRING!
Here are some noteworthy blogs that I think you’ll really like. Most deal with writing and books while a few focus on travel and cooking. Enjoy!
Now, for those I nominated, here are your questions:
- What was your favorite cereal as a kid?
- What is your favorite movie?
- How old is the oldest thing in your closet?
- What is the name of your favorite pet (past or present)?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What is the coolest city you have ever visited?
- What is the oldest food in your fridge?
- What is your favorite brand of soap?
- What do you crave when you crave?
- What is your favorite TV sitcom (past or present)?
- What era in history best defines you?
I guess that’s it. Carry on everyone. I will be rooting for us all when they announce the winners of the 2014 Liebster Awards! – Kathy